History & Heritage

The Rectory of the Church of St. Mark The Evangelist

160 Dibble Street West

Heritage Attributes

This property built by Reverend Father J.W. Campion, who was the Prescott Parish Priest from 1832 to 1836, make this area of Dibble Street an attractive and historical area.

St. Marks Rectory appears to be a mix between Upper Canada Neo Classic architecture and Upper Canada Georgian. It is built of grey cut stone, is rectangular in shape and has a gentle sloping roof which runs the full width of the home to the front and back eaves. Two large internal stone chimneys are located at each end of the home. All windows are rectangular in share, are long and narrow and are double hung. The window and door frames are made of wood and painted white. An enclosed porch runs across the entire front of the house. 

The Rectory is an attractive home, which has been well maintained and blends in well with the adjacent structures on this street.

Property Information

Legal Description

Lot 11, North side of Dibble Street, Block 2, Plan 19

Designating By-Law